There’s so much more to an alpine trip than just hitting the slopes… We have put together an edit of where to stay, what to take and for those of you who want to stay put, we have some ideas of how you can enjoy all that alpine fun a little closer to home!
WHERE TO STAY…
Relais & Chateaux’s Hameau Albert Ier Hotel
- Five-star hotel just off the centre of Chamonix-Mont-Blanc.
- The hotel also includes cosy chalets for families and groups of friends.
- Indoor and outdoor swimming pools overlooking Mont Blanc.
- Two-star Michelin-rated restaurant offering traditional fare.
- From £172 per night.
- Dogs welcome!
Hip Hideouts’ Chalet la Bouclia
- Situated in the ever-sunny Le Crêt neighbourhood of Val d’Isère.
- 3 mins from solaise and bellevarde ski areas
- Beautiful village setting
- Morrocan steam room
- Luxury 4×4 chauffeur service 8am-8pm
- Professional chefs who will contact you before arrival to discuss your menus for the week.
- In-house host who provides an housekeeping and ready to help you with the booking of ski tuition, guides, equipment and restaurant reservations.
- Sleeps 8
Go To: https://www.hiphideouts.com
Treeline Chalets’ Plan De Pierrys
- Central location
- Short 5 minute stroll to the town centre
- Gourmet food
- Snowboard test centre
- GoPro headcams
- Hot tub and sauna
- Table tennis
- Daily complimentary transport
- Sleeps 14
- From £3950 for whole chalet per week
WHAT TO TAKE…
A perfect selection of staples for your winter wardrobe…
…Whether you end up on the slopes or not!
BEFORE YOU GO…
For all of those who are counting down the days until their imminent trip, persuading friends to join them, or simply just missing apres ski and alpine life, and for everyone else who just loves a good fondue… We have the answers…
The Lodge, Clapham
Alpine themed restaurant in Clapham serving fondue, wild game and hot cocktails. Open until the 5th March so do hurry!
409 Clapham Road
Bodos Restaurant, Kensington
Party alongside Royals, rockstars and staff dressed in Ledehonsen’s whilst dining on Schnitzel and Fondue and sipping on cocktails. The ultimate après ski experience on your doorstep.
2a Kensington High Street
Go To: http://www.bodosschloss.com/
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at email@example.com
Inspiration/Image Credits: Bodos Schloss, The Lodge Clapham, Treeline Chalets, Relais Chateaux, Hip Hideouts