Last month we featured mama of 22-month-old Liba, former US Vogue contributor and the woman making homemade baby food easy for everyone HERE… Today we welcome back the Founder of Mamamade, Sophie M Baron with an exclusive recipe that adds a little extra to an old family fave…
“[It’s a] classic comfort, but wholesome. Lots of greens + chia seeds to help thicken the sauce, all whilst adding a protein and omega 3 boost.” – Sophie
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
Half on onion, diced
1 Spring Greens & Chia Pouch
1 garlic clove, diced
1 teaspoon thyme leaves, washed and picked from stem
1 cup of any milk or plant-based mylk
1 Tbsp Arrowroot Powder, dissolved in 1 Tbsp water
1 cup of any cheese or combination of cheeses (vegan cheeses/nutritional yeast also work)
170g gluten free pasta
1. Heat oven to 190 degrees C
2. Bring a large pot of water to the boil.
3. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion and saute until softened but not brown.
4. Start cooking your pasta! Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook for about 6 minutes (it will not be cooked through. That’s the idea!)
5. Meanwhile, add the frozen contents of the Mamamade pouch into the pan with the onion and stir for another 1-2 minutes, until it starts to defrost. Add in the garlic and thyme and stir another minute.
6. Add the milk/mylk and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and add the arrowroot mixture. Stir really well until smooth, because it will start to clump almost immediately. Simmer for 2 minutes or so, stirring regularly, until the mixture has thickened.
7. Take it off the heat and stir in most of the cheese, reserving about ⅓ of a cup
8. Add the parcooked pasta to the cheese mixture and stir really well to coat
9. Transfer the mixture to a greased baking dish or individual gratin dishes, top with the reserved cheese mixture and bake 15-20 minutes until bubbling.
GO TO: mamamadefood.com
DISCLAIMER: We endeavour to always credit the correct original source of every image we use. If you think a credit may be incorrect, please contact us at [email protected]